GAIN A CAREER IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION.
Where you're a part of a team that establishes the foundation for children to develop skills for life. A career where each day is active, inspiring, unique and continuously rewarding.
And where you know your professional skills help children discover and grow.
WHAT IS AN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR?
Early Childcare Educators are trained professionals who create safe and interactive learning environments where children develop social skills, build self-esteem, and become lifelong learners – making it one of the most important and rewarding careers in education.
Island Montessori Academy
“I help shape young minds. I think my job has importance and that’s something I value very much.”
WHY EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATORS MATTER
Early Years Centre
“I love being able to go to work knowing I will make a positive difference in a child’s day.”
BE A PART OF A GROWING ISLAND SECTOR
- 87% of Early Childhood Educators on PEI are permanent employees
- Since March 2019, Educators with an Early Childhood Educator diploma* have had a 26% wage increase with increases expected to continue (* Level 3 certification)
- Early Childhood Educators find rewarding careers on PEI with a high chance of obtaining full-time positions.
- There will be more than 150 Early Childhood Educator positions to fill over the next 5 years. Now is the time to choose Early Childhood Education as a rewarding career!
- There are two options to gain your college diploma as an Early Childhood Educator on PEI : Collège de l’ile and Holland College
Early Learning Academy
“I love knowing every child in our centre and I’m proud of the relationships I’ve built with each of them.”
WHAT RECENT STUDENTS HAD TO SAY
Just For You
“It’s so gratifying. I always feel like the impact starts so small but ends so big.”
WHY CURRENT ECEs LOVE THIS CAREER
Tyne Valley Playschool
“There's a lot that goes into what we plan for in our days and how to make that the most beneficial to each child.”
How ECEs made an impact on children - when it mattered most
Mandy & Jodi
Eddie & Gary
Early Years Centre
“Relationships with the families is one of my favourite things about this career. You get invested in them, and their successes are your successes.”
LEARN MORE WITH THESE LOCAL PARTNERS
There are two options to gain your college diploma as an Early Childhood Educator of PEI, and to start your career in this rapidly advancing field!