The Early Childhood Development Association of Prince Edward Island
(the “Association”) collects, uses and discloses personal information about our
clients, registered users of our services and others in the course of providing
principles and reflects our commitment to maintaining the standards required of us
and to protecting your personal information.Personal Information
Personal information includes any information about an identifiable individual. This
includes information in any form such as a person’s e-mail address, food allergies,
special needs, age, home address and other information. It does not include the
name, title or business address or business telephone number of an employee of an
organization. You will be required to consent to the Association’s collection, use and
PEI Early Learning and Child Care Registry. The Association is accountable for all
personal information in its possession or care.Identifying the Purpose for the Association’s Collection or Use of Personal Information
The Association is committed to providing quality support and information services to meet the child care and early years needs of families and children. In order to meet these goals, the Association collects, uses and discloses personal information for the following purposes:
Disclosure of Personal Information
- To identify the children and their families who use the services of the Association.
- To ensure we communicate with the appropriate parent/guardian for each child who is the subject of a registration on the PEI Early Learning and Child
- To aid in the placement of children at a Centre.
- To promote new and existing programs and services to our clients.
- To develop, implement and monitor plans to meet the needs of children and their families in terms of child care.
- To maintain the PEI Early Learning and Child Care Registry and refer families to Centres across the Province of Prince Edward Island.
- To generate statistics on services provided by the Association.
- To generate statistics on the child care needs of families in Prince Edward Island.
- To report information and statistics to the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development in order to improve access to child care services.
- To maintain complete and accurate files, and to comply with all requirements and legislation of funding and licensing bodies.
- To comply with all lawful requests for government agencies.
We may disclose personal information:
- To Centres to enable them to communicate with families wishing to secure placement of a child or children at a Centre, and to provide services to the
children in their care.
- To Centres within the Province of Prince Edward Island who are participating in the PEI Early Learning and Child Care Registry to enable them to offer spaces to children in the event that spaces become available.
- To Association staff, employees and agents.
- To the Department of Education and Early Childhood Development.
- To third parties for processing of data (e.g. hardware and software support).
Unless required to do so by law, the Association does not currently disclose the personal information under its control to any other parties. It does not trade, sell, barter, or give away this information to anyone. Should it be necessary in the future to make such a disclosure, the Association will not do so without the express consent of the individuals involved.Consent for the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
The Association makes every effort to ensure the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is as accurate and up-to-date as is required to fulfill the purposes listed above. If an individual’s personal information requires amendment, they must contact the Association to ensure that the correction is made. Individuals who provide personal information to the Association are expected to verify routinely that their information is up-to-date and accurate in order to ensure timely communication with Centres and accessibility to services.
The Association is committed to ensuring that personal information is protected from unauthorized access, unintended disclosures or theft. This protection is provided by firewalls in the computer system, passwords to protect databases, encrypted e-mail, locked filing cabinets and limited access to certain work areas. The Association may keep personal information on file for up to eight (8) years.Access to personal information held by the Association
Individuals have a right to access their own personal information in the possession and control of the Association. They also have a right to know if their information has been disclosed to any third parties. If individuals wish to access their personal information, or to express a concern or challenge relating to their personal information, they need to contact the Privacy Officer of the Association in writing at the below mailing or e-mail address. The Association reserves the right to charge a reasonable fee for the copying of this information.
The Early Childhood Development Association of Prince Edward Island Privacy Officer is: Sonya Corrigan
3 Brighton Road, Office 115B ,
Charlottetown, PE, C1A 8T6